Call for translators! We're looking for translators to help translate this spec for everyone!
Help improve the all-contributors documentation!
Thanks for your interest in the project! Pull Requests welcome for any level of improvement, from a small typo to a new section, help us make the project better
All the source code is available at github.com/all-contributors/all-contributors
Committing to an all-contributors repo
We use the angular commit convention for commits that are used for an automated changelog generation, so it would be advisable to respect that.
If you're not used to it or are afraid to mistype a commit, you can run
npm run commit or
git cz (if you have installed
commitizen) which would take you through a few questions and write the commit for you.
Pro Tip: Every page has an Edit button up the top, clicking this will take you straight to the GitHub source code for that page
Once on a file, click the 'pencil' icon to easily edit the file inline
Our translations are managed through crowdin. You can help contribute by heading to the crowdin project and suggesting translations. If you like, comment on this issue to let us know you're helping or if you have any queries!
When translating, anything that has the XPATH
@srcetc mustn't be translated. Things like
codeshould not be either. This will cause the project to 404. See the below image for an example:
However, it's recommended to translate any content that would contribute to a better comprehension like the comments in
codetags as long as it doesn't change the actual code since it only understands English.
Login to Crowdin
- Go to the crowdin project, then sign up and/or log in.
- Join the "All Contributors" project and voila!
- Go to the crowdin project.
- Click on the flag of the language you want to translate the documentation to.
- Click on any
*.mdfiles that aren't completely translated (read showing 100% on the right-hand side)
- Write your translation in the "Enter translation here" field (which would correspond to the translation of the text in the "SOURCE STRING" field above) then click "SAVE"
- For proofreaders only: You can either approve translation suggestions (whether it's done by you or someone else), which you will find in the "[LANGUAGE] TRANSLATIONS" section, by clicking on the :ballot_box_with_check: or delete them by clicking on the :wastebasket: icon.
After you translate strings in any given language, you won't see those changes appearing live until the
master branch was updated followed by a successful deployment.
Search is by algolia, the configuration is at https://github.com/algolia/docsearch-configs/blob/master/configs/all-contributors.json
Running the site locally:
All Contributors uses Docusaurus to maintain our documentation website. For more info visit the Docusaurus Website
To get started locally:
- go to
http://localhost:3000(Refresh the page for your changes to be reflected)
Add yourself as a contributor
To add yourself to the table of contributors, follow the bot usage instructions ;).